Code of Conduct & By-Laws
Code of Conduct
The Honolulu Kupuna Shed (HKS) offers a safe physical environment and supportive social environment for members to gather, work, teach, learn, and seek fellowship with like-minded individuals.
- Safety is number one! Work safely and obey all safety rules as currently adopted.
- Have fun, make other members feel safe and welcome, and treat other members fairly and with respect.
- Members are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and considerate manner towards other HKS members. The HKS will not tolerate abuse, bullying, violence, physical or verbal aggression, slanderous or insulting behavior, or infringements on the rights of others.
- The use of illegal drugs and consumption of alcohol is not permitted in the Shed at any time except for special events at the specific discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Members are expected to spend 25% of their time at the shed involved in community based or shed-improvement directed activities.
- No commercial activities including the manufacture or repair of items for personal financial gain is permitted.
- No smoking inside the Shed or within 20 feet of entrances.
- Act in the best interests of the HKS without personal agendas. Check the ego at the door.
- Please clean up. There is no housekeeper. Leave no sawdust behind.
- Do not hesitate to ask for guidance from others. We are a community,
- See something – Say something. Report all safety and conduct concerns.
- Any member violating this Code of Conduct or behaving in a manner deemed detrimental to HKS may be suspended or expelled from HKS as determined by the Board.
Approved by the HKS Board of Directors 1/11/2024